Wotka World Wide

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Greetings and welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I have always found myself sending off letters to editors and replying to other bloggers, so I figured I'd start my own blog as well. Anything goes here, although I reserve the right to delete anything especially rude or nasty. I am interested in events in the US and around the world. I will post comments on breaking news developments, respond to other posts/articles here, and bring up my own ideas for discussion. I started this blog today, December 8th, 2005. Hopefully it will last awhile and I'll remember to keep posting. I'll start off with what I just posted on the officer's club blog, which was discussing the Iranian nuclear situation, which is a pretty scary situation right now, and probably will continue to be.
I have read all the comments on The Officer's Club(http://officersclub.blogspot.com/2005/12/crisis-iran.html) with great interest, but I must disagree with those that think the Mullahs will operate rationally under a deterrent structure like other nuclear powers. The Mullahs unfortunately operate under their religious delusions, which is why their President stated his desire to "wipe Israel off the map." As one Holocaust survivor said(paraphrase), when someone says they want to kill you, you should believe them. Until now, all nuclear powers have operated rationally, but these powers do not support suicide-bombing terrorist groups while helping fund armed insurgencies in neighboring countries. Previous posters try to compare the Mullahs to the Soviets, but while both have/had no regard for their own citizeenry, ar least the Soviet rulers wanted to retain power. This is why they backed down in the Cuban Missle Crisis. And lest we forget, that back-down was against the wishes of one Fidel Castro, who wanted to build up and then actually use the nukes on the US. He realized that Cuba would be annihilated, but he thought the damage done to the US would aid the worldwide Communist movement, and thus Cuba was worth the sacrifice. I would bet that the Iranians have a similar mindset, and they wouldn't mind getting nuked if it meant taking Israel off the map.
It seems to me that the best option now is to demand UN and/or worldwide action, with a window of maybe a month allowed for them to twiddle their thumbs. Then we, together with the Israelis, begin Operation Air Onslaught, and basically bomb the shit out of them starting with, first, their air defenses, then their air force, and then all their nuclear and normal military producing capabilities. After a month or so of this, we offer them a deal that they allow free, unrestricted elections or we keep it up any time they start to build anything we view as threatening. This would be like the restricted airspace over Iraq after Gulf War I, where we basically shot down any air threats and destroyed any air defense capabilities that Saddam would try to put up to stop our air dominance. The Iranians couldn't do anything about it, and while the world community might complain, I don't think it would be too loud, except for maybe from China and France, which is expected. After Iraq has been stabilized in another year or two(optimistically), we can then consider using ground forces if necessary or desirable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home