Wotka World Wide

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

On his latest album Bruce Springsteen goes all in with the Occupiers and the anarchists. He openly advocates for the shooting of Wall Street bankers, with lines that specifically refer to killing bankers, such as "If I had me a gun, I’d find the bastards and shoot ‘em on sight" and "…send the robber barons straight to hell" followed by shooting sound effects. I've heard of protest rock and I have listened to and enjoyed a lot of it, but this goes way over the line. And I wonder what the financial managers that oversee his huge fortune think? Here's hoping they are a little less careful with all that money.

I'm also still waiting for all that "new civility" in the wake of the Rep. Giffords shooting. Not that anyone was really expecting it from the left. But when someone takes up Bruce on his suggestion, will it matter then?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home